Thursday, October 21, 2010

Summary Post C4T #2

The blog I was assigned to was titled "Integrating ICT in to the MFL classroom" by Joe Dale. The first article I read on the blog was titled "Catherine Elliott on stop-motion animation, web 2.0, the iPad and primary languages". This article was discussing the idea of using various kinds of technology for eduational purposes. One example was using an ipad for language comprehension. Catherine Elliott was a teacher using various technological resources for the classroom. I told Joe Dale that I thought there were some really good ideas presented in the blog. I felt especially inspired by the use of the ipad. So many possibilites in todays society to improve and challenge educational performance.

The second article I read and commented on was titled "Craig Smith from Language Perfect on the success of the European Language Olympics". This article demonstrated the use of international competition to boost academic performance. The idea of using this concept is very brilliant. Students love competition and will joing in very quickly when prompted. This tactic is another wonderful way to focus the minds of students on so many academic subject. Language Arts, History, Science and Math are all areas that can be discussed and challenged in this type of format. I commented by saying that I thought these were great ideas and should be very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment