Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summary of C4T #1

The first post I commented on was by WM Chamberlain titled "I had Cancer". This post was in regards to Mr. Chamberlain having a case of melanoma. Thankfully he was able to receive treatment and make a full healthy recovery. Mr. Chamberlain explained in the post how this was a very difficult and stressful time initially because he thought that this issue was going to stop him from teaching this year. Thankfully, all melanoma was removed and he is makeing a full recovery. My comment consisted of commending Mr. Chamberlain of his strength and courage to get through this situation as I can only imagine the stress it was to overcome.

The second post was titled "Online High School" by Joe Mcclung.This post was talking about the issue of offering a high school program offered completely through the computer. The concept of a classroom setting would be labeled as obsolete. My comment about this post related my concern about this idea. I feel that online high school would not be the best option. Motivation,social interaction and discipline are a few of the issues I see arising. Many students need assistance with current subjects
that are being taught in the school systems today. If students were to study and perform curriculum excercises at home the assistance needed may not be available. However, this is a very interesting idea and concept and it will be interesting to see if anything does develop in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment